Student Services Division
- Providing assistance and services to undergraduate students of the University
The Services Provided?
- Coordination of Mahapola Scholarship payments
- Processing and payment of Bursaries to the Students
- Coordination, processing of scholarships and studentships for needy students
- Coordination of awarding Gold Medals, Prizes, and Scholarships for students at the Convocation
- Coordination of awarding scholarships, prizes, and medals for meritorious performance of students of all Faculties at their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and final years
- Annual registration and renewal of Student Societies of the University.
- Issuing concessional season tickets for undergraduates for buses and trains
- Providing accommodation for temporary academic staff members
- Provide assistance for the appointment of the Warden, the Sub-warden, the Senior Academic Sub-warden, and the Academic Sub-warden
- Coordination of procedures for granting permission for events, field trips, explorations, and other academic and cultural activities with student participation
- Assist in the process of appointments for the Proctor, Deputy Proctors, and Senior Student Counsellor on a yearly basis
- Coordination for the appointment of the Arts Council of the University
- Handling all proceedings of the Arts Council and the Assistant Registrar is the General Secretary of the Council by the Constitution
- Organization of the Annual Drama Festival of the University
- Convening/coordinating the meetings of the Career Guidance Advisory Committee and the Assistant Registrar is the Secretary of the Advisory Committee
- Coordination work for the Director, Student Support Services and Welfare Systems, and implementing the decisions of the Advisory Board of the SSS & WS as Assistant Registrar/Student Services is the Secretary to the Advisory Board.
- Coordinate and process the election of the student unions of the faculties and of the Peradeniya University Student Union.
- Coordinating and assisting the Needy Student Programs of the CGU, Alumni, and other Well-Wishers directed by the Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor
Additionally, on advice and directive from the Vice-chancellor and Deputy Vice-chancellor, this Division coordinates and convenes the following meetings and follows up and conveys decisions made by the Committees to relevant parties.
- Student Support System and Welfare Advisory Committee
- Career Guidance Advisory Committee
- Arts Council
- Scholarships Sub-Committee (Senate Sub-Committee)
- COVID-19 Management Committee
- Rag Prevention Committee
- Wardens and Sub-Wardens Committee
- Proctor and Deputy Proctors Committee
- Senior Student Counsellors Committee
- Peradeniya University Student Union (PSU) meetings and other meetings of students
Whom the services are provided?
- Mainly for the entire student community of the University and academic staff.
Application forms/ Information
- Mr. P.B. Doratiyawa – Senior Staff MA
- Mrs. U.V.I.N. Rajakaruna – Senior Staff MA (Steno)
- Mrs. S.M.S.S. Senanayake – MA Grade II
- Mrs. K.R.N. de Silva – MA Grade II
- Mr. S.M. Siraj – MA Grade III
- Mrs. C.M.H.K.K. Chandrasekera – Grade III
- Mr. K.O.D. Priyadharshana – Work Aid