International Relations Office annually provides event grants as a helping hand for the researchers and the scholars of University of Peradeniya. For the previous 06 years InRO was able to provide more than 100 grants on the requests and it was an immense pleasure to contribute for their academic endeavours through such a monetary distribution. Grant applications are usually evaluated through the Faculty Board, Board of Management and the Finance Committee of University of Peradeniya. This grantee system has become an often used facilitator in University of Peradeniya and the International Relations Office would proudly uphold the responsibility of continuing it in the future as well.
- Event Grants - To Organize National/ International Research Conferences and Seminars at University of Peradeniya
- Visiting Scholar Grants – To Promote and Coordinate Research Activities/ Research Exchanges among International Scholars
Final evaluation of applications is performed by the Board of Management of the International Relations Office.
The Board of Management is chaired by the Vice Chancellor of University of Peradeniya and consists of Deputy Vice Chancellor, Deans of Faculties, Registrar, Bursar and Director, International Relations Office.
InRO funds will only be allocated for printing, accommodation, refreshment, course materials and local transportation
Completed applications should reach InRO at least 7 days before the Meeting of the Board of Management
- All transactions must adhere to Procurement Guidelines and Financial Regulations related to the University of Peradeniya
- Grantees are strictly advised to contact the Bursar of the respective Faculty/ Institute in handling funds of the event
- In case of violation of Rules and Regulations may result in non-payment of the grant; which the InRO will not be responsible
- Evaluate the application by the Board of Management and decide the amount of the grant. / BoM Dates
- Forward the details of the approved grant for the next Finance Committee Approval./ FC Dates
- Notify the grantee the details of the approval.
- Once the grant is utilized, final report should be submitted to the InRO along with bills and relevant approved documents./ Template of the Grant Report
- Forward the bills to the Account branch of University of Peradeniya for the payments.
If you require money prior to the event/ Cash Advance Request Form