United States- Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission in collaboration with International Affairs Office (IAO), University of Peradeniya (IAO) and National Institute of Fundamental Studies (NIFS) conducted the “Education USA Graduate University Fair” on 19 September 2019 at the NIFS premises.
Representatives from various Universities in United States were presented at the fair and around 300 participants experienced this great opportunity. The basic concern of the fair was to track the students who wish to apply for higher studies in United States to link up with the representatives of US Universities and to provide them with the best available opportunities to build up their future.
Ms. Edna Selvanayagam, EducationUSA Adviser, United States– Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission, Ms. Natasha Dissanayake- Wimalana, Assistant Student Adviser, US-SL Fulbright Commission, Prof. Saman Seneweera, Director, NIFS, Dr. C.T.K. Tilakaratne, Head, Science Education Dissemination Unit, NIFS, Acting Director, IAO were much dedicated in organizing the fair and below representatives from the distinctive universities in USA marked their presence.
- Ms. Ludmi Herath, Director, International Programs Office, University of Houston, Victoria
- Paul R. Starcher, Graduate Admissions Counselor, Fredonia State University of USA
- Abhilasha Chitnis, Country Coordinator, David Eccles School of Business, The University of Utah
- Ms. Sarah Stackhouse, International Admissions Counselor, University of Wisconsin- Eau Clair
- Mr. Remmyatha Varghese, Assistant Director, South Asia Relations, Saint Leo University
- Mr. Patric J. Morrison, Assistant Director, International Office, University of South Dakota
- Mr. Jay R. Ligon, Director, International Student and Scholar Services, Louisiana Tech University
- Mr. Logan M. Gauby, International Admissions Representative, Kansas State University
- Ms. Suzanne Anandappa McGinnis, Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment, University of Kentucky
- Mrs. Bethany Pinegar, California State University, Chico